TERMS OF SERVICE
These Terms of Service (these “Terms” or the “Agreement”) describe our company’s (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) terms of service with respect to persons or entities who access our property’s CommercialCafe website or mobile applications (collectively, the “Site”), including without limitation renters and potential renters (collectively, with all persons or entities who access the Site, “Users,” “you,” or “your”). To access the Terms of Service of CommercialCafe, please visit: https://resources.yardi.com/legal/commercialcafe-terms-of-service/.
This Site is owned and operated by us to offer certain services to renters and potential renters (the “Services”). This Site uses the CommercialCafe technology platform, which is owned and operated by Yardi Systems, Inc. (collectively, with its subsidiaries and affiliates, “Yardi”).
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS CONSTITUTE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND US. THIS AGREEMENT ALONG WITH ANY OTHER TERMS THAT MAY BE POSTED ON THE SITE WITH RESPECT TO COMMERCIALCAFE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, AND ANY OTHER WRITTEN AGREEMENTS OR CONTRACTS BETWEEN YOU AND US THAT INCORPORATE THESE TERMS BY REFERENCE, SET FORTH THE COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH YOU MAY ACCESS AND USE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE. We are pleased to provide the Site and the Services conditioned upon your acceptance, and we hope that you will find the Site informative and useful. BY USING THE SITE, YOU EXPRESSLY ACCEPT AND CONSENT TO THESE TERMS WITHOUT QUALIFICATION. YARDI AND/OR COMPANY MAY AMEND THESE TERMS FROM TIME TO TIME. SHOULD THESE TERMS BE MODIFIED IN ANY WAY, THE NEW TERMS WILL BE POSTED TO THIS WEBPAGE. BY USING THE SITE AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF ANY MODIFICATION TO THESE TERMS, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT, WITHOUT QUALIFICATION, TO THE MODIFIED TERMS.
2. YARDI IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY RENTAL TRANSACTIONS.
2.1 The Site serves as a platform for property managers and owners to provide the Services to renters and potential renters. Yardi does not own or manage the properties listed on the Site and does not enter into rental contracts for those properties. Although the Site may lead to certain business transactions expressly agreed to between Yardi and Users, Yardi is not a party to any transactions between Users and property managers other than providing the Site. AS A RESULT, YARDI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR INFORMATION, THE CONTENTS OF ANY DOCUMENTS, OR FOR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS BY, BETWEEN OR AMONG USERS, PROPERTY MANAGERS OR OWNERS THROUGH THE SITE.
2.2 You are responsible for how you use the Site, and Company encourages anyone who accesses the Site, including Users, to exercise sound judgment when entering into property rental transactions. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH A PROPERTY MANAGER OR OWNER, YOU RELEASE YARDI FROM ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES.
3. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE.
3.1 We provide you with certain information and functionality through the Site. You are solely responsible for providing all equipment necessary to establish a connection to the Internet, access to the Internet, and any telephone, wireless or other connection and service fees associated with such access.
3.2 We have the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions without providing any prior notice to you: (a) change or terminate all or any part of the Site or the Services; (b) restrict or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site or the Services; or (c) refuse, move, or remove any content that is available on the Site and any material that you submit to the Site.
3.3 Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we hereby grant you permission to access and use the Site and the Services, provided that you shall not (and shall not allow any third party to): (a) engage in commercial use of the Site or any content on the Site; (b) reproduce, copy, display, store, perform, re-post, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, offer for sale, license, modify, create derivative works, or otherwise use any portion of the content offered on the Site for other than your own personal, non-commercial use; (c) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site or Service or in or on any content or other material obtained via the Site or the Services; (d) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape or index any portion of the Site or the Services, including, but not limited to, for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business or property reviews; (e) collect or harvest any information about other users or members (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose; (f) reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site or the Services; (g) create user accounts by automated means or under false, misleading or fraudulent pretenses; (h) create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as “spam” to other users or members of the Site or the Services or otherwise interfere with other users’ or members’ enjoyment of the Site or the Services; (i) transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature; (j) use the Site or the Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material, including any material that may be deemed threatening or obscene; (k) copy or modify the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Site; (l) use any device, software or procedure that interferes with the proper working of the Site or the Services, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or the Services; (m) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure; (n) modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site or the Services; or (o) use the Site or the Services, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable international, national, federal, state, provincial, or local law or regulation, including, but not limited to, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
4. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS. Certain aspects of the Services may be subject to additional requirements, guidelines, other technical and non-technical specifications, or other rules or policies in addition to those set forth in these Terms (the “Additional Requirements”). In the event of a conflict between the Additional Requirements and these Terms, the Additional Requirements shall take precedence.
5. MODIFICATIONS. Yardi and Company may modify or update these Terms from time to time, in their sole discretion, and reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part thereof, or any or all of the Services, or any Site features, with or without notice and without liability to you. You agree that Yardi and Company have no responsibility or liability for the failure of the Site and the deletion of other content maintained or transmitted by the Site. You further agree that neither Yardi nor Company shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. Modifications to these Terms will be posted on the relevant area of the Site and will be effective immediately upon posting. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time by clicking on the “Terms of Service” link located on webpages throughout the Site. You agree to review the Terms from time to time to ensure you are updated as to any modifications. By continuing to use the Site or Services following any such modification, you accept and agree to be bound by such modifications. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND RECOURSE IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES.
6. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION AND USE. In order to use certain features of the Site or the Services, you will have to register and create a password-protected account (“Your Account”) and/or submit property listings, lease agreements, rental terms, postings, messages, text, voice commands, images, photos, files, video, and other information, materials or documents (collectively, “Information and Material”).
6.1 Your Account. You agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information as prompted by the registration form; and (b) maintain and update such information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete at all times. We reserve the right to delete Your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof) without notice if you are found to have misrepresented your age, identity, or any other information submitted in connection with Your Account or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or not current. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, your email address and Your Account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and Your Account. You agree to: (i) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account, or any other breach of security, (ii) immediately change your password if you become aware that Your Account has been compromised, (iii) ensure that you fully exit from Your Account at the end of each session. You agree and acknowledge that you will not allow others to utilize Your Account and that you will not disclose your CommercialCafe password to anyone. You will be solely responsible for safeguarding your password and also for any actions under your password and Account, whether authorized by you or not. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control of your personal information and could potentially be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. You further agree not to use anyone else’s password on the Site or attempt to gain access to the CommercialCafe account of any other user. COMPANY CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECTION.
6.3 Communications. Although we provide a platform through the Site and the Services through which third-parties may communicate, Company is not involved in those third-party communications and is not responsible or liable under any circumstances for the content of any third-party communications, or for any absence of communications by a third-party. The contents of such third-party communications are determined solely by the third-party responsible for the communications, and not Company. We are only responsible for the content of information issued directly by us. You acknowledge and agree that you will address any issues or concerns about third-party communications with the responsible third-party by contacting said third-party directly and not Company. Company shall not become involved in any matters pertaining to third-party communications except where the issue is solely attributable to a malfunction or error occurring on the Site or in connection with the Services.
6.5 Payments. Except as expressly provided below, any payments you submit through the Site including rental deposits, rental payments, or any other services or transactions, are for services provided by a property manager, owner or a party other than Yardi. The total payment amounts required for those transactions are determined solely by you and any other party with whom you are entering into an agreement, and not by Yardi. You acknowledge that you will address any discrepancies, issues or concerns with such payments by contacting the other party directly, rather than Yardi. Yardi shall not be involved in such issues except where the issue is solely attributable to a malfunction or error occurring on the Site or in connection with the Services. However, Users may take advantage of certain Services that have a charge associated with them such as screening services, lease execution fees, and the like, that is imposed by Yardi or other third-parties, which may or may not be a subsidiary or affiliate of Yardi. Yardi or such other company may collect these fees directly from Users as provided by the Site or the Services. You acknowledge these fees are subject to change.
Services-specific terms may set out further terms applying to such payments (including in relation to refunds (if any), billing arrangements and any consequences of failing to make timely payments). Application fees are non-refundable, even if an application is denied, except to the extent otherwise required by applicable law. You must comply with all such terms in relation to such payments by you.
6.6 Electronic Signatures. If you choose to use the electronic signature execution functionality of CommercialCafe, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you have carefully reviewed the disclosure relating to use of your electronic signature to execute documents and will not execute such documents with your electronic signature without providing your consent to use your electronic signature. You agree that you will rely on your own legal counsel to determine the sufficiency of the electronic signature execution of the documents and their enforceability and that Yardi makes no warranty or other representation with respect to the sufficiency of the electronic signature execution of the documents under applicable international, national, federal, state, provincial or local laws or regulations.
7. YARDI AND COMPANY’S RIGHTS. You acknowledge that Yardi and Company have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of these Terms, including intellectual property, publicity and privacy rights infringement and Site security issues, to the fullest extent of the law. Yardi and/or Company may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms. You acknowledge that Yardi and Company have no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Site or the Services, but have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Site, to ensure your compliance with these Terms or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
8. SITE CONTENT GENERALLY. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, advice, statements, representations, services, and other information provided through the Site. Company does not endorse or represent the reliability, accuracy or quality of any information, goods, services or products displayed or advertised on the Site. Company makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided on this Site.
9. THIRD-PARTY LINKS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
9.1 Third Party Websites and Services. The Site may contain links or voice accessibility to third-party websites or resources. Access to such third-party websites, services or resources are included solely for the convenience of Users, and do not constitute any endorsement or approval by Company of the third-parties, anyone sponsoring these sites or their products or services, or the products or services themselves. Company makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided on any third-party website or service which may be accessed from the Site, including any representations or warranties as to accuracy or completeness. Because Company has no control over third-party websites, resources, products or services, you acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible or liable for, and does not endorse, the availability, accuracy, completeness or authenticity of information available through such websites, resources, products or services, your use or your exchange of any information with such websites or services, or the content, statements, representations, advertising, products, properties, services or other materials available on such third-party sites. You acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused in connection with your use or reliance on any such content, information, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource. If you decide to access any such third-party websites, products, resources or services, or to transact with any such third-party for their products, properties or services, you do so entirely at your own risk. By leaving the Site, you may be subject to the terms and conditions and the privacy policies or other terms and conditions of such third-party websites. You acknowledge and understand that Company does not (a) provide legal, brokerage or other professional advice or services to any property managers, owners or others who list properties or otherwise use the Site or the Services, (b) participate in any negotiations with respect to leases or other transactions involving third-parties, or (c) guarantee, endorse or ensure a rental property or any lease or other transaction between a User and property manager, owner or any other person or entity.
9.2 Google® Maps. The Site utilizes Google Maps and related content licensed to Yardi by Google and its licensors. By using the Google Maps features available on the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the applicable Google Terms of Service.
10. OWNERSHIP. You acknowledge and agree that the Site and the Services use and contain intellectual property, and proprietary and confidential technology owned by or licensed to Yardi, and protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws and international treaties (collectively, “Yardi IP”). You further acknowledge and agree that the Site and the Services use and contain intellectual property, including without limitation, information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials owned by or licensed to us, and protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws and international treaties (collectively, “Company IP”). All rights reserved. You agree not to reproduce, copy, display, store, perform, re-post, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, offer for sale, license, modify, create derivative works, or otherwise use or exploit for any commercial purposes any or all of the Yardi IP or Company IP, the Site or access to the Site in any way without the prior written permission of Yardi and Company. You must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any Yardi IP and Company IP. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
11. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, successors, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and relevant third parties including advertisers, distribution partners, referral partners, service providers, licensors, licensees, consultants and contractors (collectively the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, losses, costs, damages or expenses including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, directly or indirectly, arising out of or in any way relating to: (a) your negligence or misconduct; (b) your information or material contributed to or submitted through the Site or the Services, including without limitation information associated with Your Account; (c) your conduct, including your use of the Site and the Services; (d) your connection to the Site; (e) any violation or breach of these Terms; (f) any violation or infringement of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, confidentiality or proprietary rights of any third-party as a result of your use of the Site or Services; (g) your use of the electronic signature lease execution functionality of CommercialCafe, including without limitation, the sufficiency of an electronic signature or the enforceability of an electronically signed lease; or (h) your use of CommercialCafe Tenant Services voice activated commands via third parties including but not limited to Amazon Alexa and Echo services (collectively, the “Claims”). You are solely responsible for defending any such Claims, and for payment of losses, costs, damages or expenses resulting from the foregoing to both a third party and to the Indemnified Parties. Company shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to select its own legal counsel to defend themselves from any Claims (but by doing so shall not excuse your indemnity obligations) and you shall be solely responsible for the payment of all of Company’s reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred in connection therewith. You shall notify Company immediately if you become aware of any actual or potential claims, suits, actions, allegations or charges that could affect yours or Company’s ability to fully perform their respective duties or to exercise its rights under these Terms. You shall not, without the prior written approval of Company, settle, dispose or enter into any proposed settlement or resolution of any Claim (whether having been finally adjudicated or otherwise) brought against you, if such settlement or resolution results in any obligation or liability for Company.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE:
12.1 YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND THE SERVICES AND ALL OTHER MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED THEREIN, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND INFORMATION AND MATERIAL IN THE SITE, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
12.2 COMPANY MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY: (A) REGARDING THE SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES; (B) REGARDING THE SERVICES, ADVICE, INFORMATION OR LINKS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE; (C) THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR ANY INFORMATION AND MATERIALS THEREIN, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (D) THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR ANY FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE, WILL BE ERROR-FREE, SECURE, TIMELY, OR UNINTERRUPTED; (E) THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR INFORMATION AND MATERIALS THEREIN WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR AVAILABLE, (F) THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE OR INFORMATION OR MATERIALS THEREIN WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (G) THAT THE SITE AND ITS CONTENTS AND SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
12.3 ANY MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
12.4 NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM COMPANY OR FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
12.5 SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
13.1 COMPANY AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELEVANT THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING ADVERTISERS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, REFERRAL PARTNERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, CONSULTANTS AND CONTRACTORS (COLLECTIVELY THE “PARTIES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
A. ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE AND/ OR ANY COMMERCIALCAFE SERVICE, ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE TO YOU FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES), WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, OR ANY OF THEM, HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES;
B. THE CONTENTS OF ANY COMMUNICATION, MESSAGE, OR INFORMATION POSTED BY YOU OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES;
C. THE CONTENT, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY WEBSITE PURPORTING TO BE OPERATED BY COMPANY OR THEIR AFFILIATES, BUT NOT ACTUALLY AFFILIATED WITH, CONTROLLED, OWNED, OR OPERATED BY COMPANY;
D. THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITE NOT CONTROLLED, OWNED, OR OPERATED BY COMPANY THAT IS ACCESSED FROM OR LINKED TO THIS SITE; AND/OR
E. ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OF TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE FAILURE.
13.2 You acknowledge that the limitations set forth above are an essential basis of the bargain and of the allocation of risks between the parties. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Site, or with any of these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue use of the Site and Services.
14. ENFORCEMENT. Company does not assume responsibility to you or others for any failure by Company to enforce the provisions contained in the Terms.
15. TERMINATION. You agree that we, in our sole discretion and with or without notice, may terminate your use of the Site or any part thereof, or any or all of the Services, for any reason, including without limitation, for lack of use by you or if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms. We may also in our sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Site, or any part thereof, or any or all of the Services with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site under any provision of the Terms may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Company may immediately bar any further access to the Site. Further, you agree that Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or the Services.
16. AUTHORITY. You hereby represent and warrant to Company that: (a) you have all the requisite power and authority, corporate or otherwise, to enter into the binding contract created by these Terms, conduct yourself and your business and to execute, deliver, and perform all of your obligations under this Agreement; (b) you have the right to submit and use your Information and Materials in the manner you have done so to or through the Site and/or through Your Account; (c) you have the right to grant the licenses granted under these Terms; (d) your performance under these Terms and/or the rights granted herein do not and will not conflict with or result in a breach or violation of any of the terms or provisions, or constitute a default under any contract or agreement, to which you are currently bound or will become bound in the future; and (e) your performance under these Terms will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including, without limitation, export control, privacy and obscenity laws), domestic or foreign.
18. INTERACTIVE AREAS.
18.1 Use of Interactive Areas. On the Site and/or as part of the Services, we may provide areas that allow for User interaction, including bulletin boards, chat areas, forums, blogs, instant messaging, frequently asked questions, or other message and communications features (the “Interactive Areas”) for posting user feedback, comments, messages or other input (“Comments”). You acknowledge that all Interactive Areas are public and not private and that any information or content, including Information and Material, that you post to an Interactive Area may be read by others and that Company has no obligation to protect such information. Company recommends that you do not post or otherwise disseminate any personally identifiable information in the Interactive Area. Additionally, you agree to post only Comments that are proper, lawful, and related to the particular discussion or the Interactive Area itself. Without limitation, you may not post Comments or engage in any other activity on the Site that:
A. defames, threatens, abuses or otherwise violates the legal rights of others;
B. is harmful to children, profane, obscene, indecent or racially or ethnically offensive;
C. infringes another’s rights to intellectual property, publicity, or privacy;
D. collects or stores personal information about other Site users;
E. contains advertisements, promotions, commercial solicitations, contests or surveys (unless you have our written consent to do so);
F. contains, transmits or disseminates spam, chain letters, or information intended to assist in the placement of a bet or wager;
G. contains, transmits or disseminates viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another’s computer, the Site, or any software, hardware or other related equipment;
H. disrupts or otherwise interferes with the Site or the networks or servers used by Company;
I. impersonates any person or entity or misrepresent your connection or affiliation with a person or entity; or
J. constitutes illegal activity.
18.2 Submissions to Interactive Areas. You understand and acknowledge that, subject and pursuant to the licenses set forth hereunder, we may display your Comments on the Site and use them for other marketing and business activities. In addition, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to reject use of Comments, delete Comments from the Site for any reason, and edit Comments for both content and format. We further reserve the right to terminate your access to the Site or to any Interactive Area at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever. Company does not endorse or control the Comments or information found in any Interactive Area and, therefore, Company specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Interactive Areas and any actions resulting from your participation in them.
19.1 Governing Law. For all legal proceedings arising out of use of the Site and/or relating to the Terms, these Terms and the relationship between you and Company shall, irrespective of any choice of laws rules, be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which the property is located. You and Company hereby irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of courts located in the County in which the property is located or the court of competent jurisdiction closest thereto if no court of competent jurisdiction resides therein, and the parties consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and expressly waive any right they may otherwise have to cause any such action or proceeding to be brought or tried elsewhere. You and Company irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection that you may now or hereafter have to the laying of the venue of any proceeding brought in any such court or any claim that a legal proceeding commenced in such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
19.2 Assignment. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Company, which may be granted or withheld by Company in its their sole discretion. Any attempted assignment in violation of this Section will be null and void and of no force or effect. Company may assign this Agreement freely at any time without notice. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of each party’s permitted successors and assigns.
19.3 Waiver. The failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision shall not affect Company’s right to exercise or enforce such right or provision at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself.
19.4 Severability. If any portion of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in such provision, and, notwithstanding such finding, the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
19.5 Entire Agreement. These Terms, the terms incorporated herein, and any other terms agreed to in writing by the parties or by way of your use of the Site or the Services shall constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and Company regarding this subject matter, and shall supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous representations or understandings relating to this subject matter.
19.6 Time Limitation. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Terms or use of the Site must be filed within 1 year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Updated January 9, 2020
THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN AND COMPANY DOES NOT KNOWINGLY SOLICIT OR COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE SITE FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF COMPANY LEARNS THAT A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 13 HAS SUBMITTED PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO COMPANY THROUGH THE SITE, IT WILL TAKE REASONABLE MEASURES TO DELETE SUCH INFORMATION FROM ITS RECORDS AND TO NOT USE SUCH INFORMATION FOR ANY PURPOSE (EXCEPT WHERE NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF THE CHILD OR OTHERS, AS REQUIRED BY LAW, OR AS MAY OTHERWISE BE REQUIRED BY LAW).
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS
We collect, process and store various types of Personal Information. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It does not include de-identified or aggregate information, or public information lawfully available from governmental records.
Personal Information we collect may include: your name, email addresses, postal addresses, postal codes, user Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social security/insurance number, driver’s license number, prior addresses, monthly rent paid at prior residences, employers, job titles, income, telephone numbers, credit card information, bank account information and routing numbers, date of birth, gender, age, marital status, user name and password (if you choose to become a registered user of the Site or our products and services), emergency contact information, information about your pets, information about your vehicles including license plate numbers, and other information either desirable or necessary to provide quality services to our tenants and visitors. We may also collect information about you such as your use of the Site and communication preferences.
We do not and will not sell your Personal Information.
Additional Information about How We Collect and Share your Personal Information
With respect to each of the categories of data above, we may also collect and share Personal Information with third parties to comply with legal obligations; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our business, third parties, visitors to our websites and mobile apps, or the public. We may also share Personal Information with any person to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under any agreement, or in connection with a sale, merger or consolidation of our business or other transfer of our assets, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, or who is otherwise deemed to be our successor or transferee.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE WILL CONTINUE TO COLLECT
We will continue to collect the same categories of Personal Information listed above, for the same purposes.
This Site uses Lead Attribution or Marketing Attribution to assess the conversions of different channels that generate leads.
You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block cookies, and set preferences for certain websites in your browser’s settings. Please note you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site if you choose to block all cookies.
EMAIL AND TEXT MANAGEMENT. You may receive emails and texts from Company for a variety of reasons. We respect your desire to manage email and text correspondence. If you have an account with Company on the Site, you can select your preferences through your account settings. You can also manage your receipt of certain types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with information relating to your unit, the management of the property, and other important transactional or administrative information.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. As an account holder, you can see, review and change most of your contact information associated with your Account Profile by logging into your account and editing your Account Profile. For assistance, you may contact us using one of the methods listed below. With some exceptions, you have the right to see what Personal Information we hold about you. We can help you identify what records we might have about you. We may need to confirm your identity before providing you with this access, and if we cannot verify your identity with the degree of certainty required, we will not be able to respond to your request. If we cannot give you access, we will tell you within 45 days of receipt of your request and provide you with a reason, as best we can, as to why we cannot give you access.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS. Our Sites are not directed to minors under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. We may collect Personal Information of minors, provided by parents or guardians, in connection with the application and rental of a unit, or the provision of property management services. We do not sell the Personal Information of minors.
CALIFORNIA RIGHTS. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may apply to California tenants whose Personal Information is collected by landlords of a certain size or that meet other criteria. If the CCPA applies to us, California tenants may request to know about Personal Information collected about them and request deletion of that Personal Information. These rights are subject to certain exceptions, including without limitation, for Personal Information subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. If we are subject to the CCPA, you can learn more about these rights and our processes for consumer requests by contacting us using one of the methods listed below. If you exercise any of the rights afforded to you by the CCPA, we will continue to treat you fairly.
Right to request disclosure of information we have collected about you
If the CCPA applies to us and to your information, you can submit a request to us for the following personal information we have collected:
The categories of personal information we’ve collected about you.
The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold the personal information.
The categories of third parties with which we shared the personal information.
The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
The categories of personal information (if any) that we have sold about you, the categories of third parties to which we sold that information, and the category or categories of personal information sold to each third party.
The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Our responses to any of these requests will cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request.
Right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you
Upon request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you that is covered by the CCPA, unless a relevant exception to the right to deletion applies.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not respond to browser or do not track signals.
ACCESSIBILITY. We are committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests or report barriers, please contact us using one of the methods below.
Canada. To the extent it is applicable, this policy is made under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. There are some rare exceptions to the commitments set out above.
For more general inquiries, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of the privacy legislation in the private sector. The Commissioner also acts as a kind of ombudsman for privacy disputes. The Information and Privacy Commissioner can be reached at:
Address: 112 Kent Street, Ottawa, ON K1A 1H3
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Toll-free: (800) 282-1376
Facsimile: (613) 947-6850
TTY: (613) 992-9190
Updated: May 3, 2021